“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
"I SCRUBBED OFF THE MOLD... IS IT GONE?" Probably not. You might have even made the situation worse.
Problem #1: Scrubbing off the mold discolorations you may see on your bathtub, window sill, or basement walls without understanding what you are doing completely can have the effect of forcing millions of microscopic spores into the airspace inside your home that you and your family breathe. Spores that are now floating freely in the air may contain very powerful toxins that can cause serious respiratory issues and other allergic reactions.
Problem #2: Scrubbing mold stains without the right products just makes the stains go away for a short time. Even if you paint over them, they come back again and again unless treated properly.
For more information on mold remediation - the process of removing the mold and spores entirely - call SERVPRO of The Twin Ports at (218) 727-2575.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (218) 727-2575
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (218) 727-2575
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of The Twin Ports is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2210 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: