Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold damage occurs when the tentacle-like root systems of a mold colony burrow deep into to a surfaces like wood or drywall and cause permanent discolorations and potential structural damage to those surfaces. Generally the best remedy is removal and replacement of the affected areas. Call SERVPRO of The Twin Ports at (218) 727-2575 to learn more about the removal of mold affected materials. Warning: If you try to pull these damaged materials out yourself you can release millions of tiny mold spores into the air - which are potentially toxic to people and pets. Resist the temptation to touch mold if you find it. Call SERVPRO of The Twin Ports today to get recommendations on how to handle this difficult situation.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (218) 727-2575
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of The Twin Ports for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of The Twin Ports has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Duluth
- New Duluth
- Billings Park
- Superior Village