Mold Customers Survey
Mold can be discovered virtually anywhere, but it is most common in basements.
For customers dealing with a mold discovery, it is helpful to take our mold survey.
Following the survey, we will e-mail a free mold report to the customer, detailing the options for remediation following a discovery.
It is important for customers to realize that mold left untreated has the potential to cause health problems particularly in vulnerable people such as children and the elderly. Symptoms revolving around respiratory irritations are common with those who are living in a mold impacted environment.
It is imperative that mold is not disturbed, as the distribution of spores throughout the house can cause a worsening of symptoms and potential illness.
Call SERVPRO of the Twin Ports for more information on how to address visible mold manifestations. Call 218-727-2575
Blacklight reveals all in hotel restroom
Blacklight showing contamination
Check out this video. The truth is ALL public bathrooms will show amazing colorful displays of urine splashed all over (everything). Bring a black light in to a restroom and see what I mean! This video shows one way of addressing the nasty stains and odors that are invisible to our naked eye...but show their true colors under the black light.
This is actually a great way to tell if an area is really safe to use.
Click on the link to see the amazing video and how to pass a blacklight inspection.
How to lose 8# in one day (without diet, exercise, or pills) (Part 3 of 3)
-8# in one day (without diet, exercise, or pills)
Did you know that your living room carpet carries around over EIGHT POUNDS OF DIRT & GRAVEL CHUNKS? This is unnecessary weight that your carpet can afford to lose...and it can happen in just one day!
One answer? SERVPRO's ROTARY JET extraction cleaning head with the amazing VORTEX system! The rotary jet's twin spinning heads produce 20-30 cleaning passes over every fiber, bathing your carpet in 250 degree chemical-free hot water (steam), which makes the fibers surrender grease, oil, food stains, spills, and most importantly the grit and gravel trapped between the fibers.
Next you get the "Vortex's" super-powerful vacuum system which removes more soil-laden moisture from your carpet than all other systems, leaving your carpets just slightly damp and with zero residue. Your carpets will stay cleaner...longer. You will be amazed at how clean your carpets will look and smell, and you'll feel better knowing that you just lost 8 lbs. without diet, exercise or pills! Seriously, if you have carpets at your home or office, it's time to have them professionally cleaned. Protect your investment in carpets and rugs.
Email now to request information on pricing and availability.
- Fire & Water Cleanup & Restoration
- Real Estate Prep, interior and exterior
- Rug Washing
- Carpet Cleaning, deodorization, fiber protection
- Commercial, Residential
How to Satisfy Your Carpet Warranty Requirements (Part 2 of 3)
Like it never even happened.
Your Vacuum Cleaner Makes or Breaks Your Carpet
Make certain your vacuum is of substantial quality to provide enough airflow and agitation to remove dry soils embedded in your carpet. If your vacuum is not performing properly, your carpets will wear much faster.
Not sure if your vacuum is up to snuff? Bring it in to our office and we will do a free vacuum inspection to make sure it is working OK. Most vacuums suffer from a lack of maintenance.
It's simple, if your vacuum can't "breathe" it won't pick up dust and particles. Need help with a new vacuum? If you want a professional quality vacuum like the ones we use, you may contact us for a recommendation. Which vacuum you need depends on what you will be using it for. Canister models work best for detail and hard surface cleaning, and uprights are generally best for carpets.
Warranties and Professional Cleaning
As a general rule, professional cleaning by an IICRC certified firm such as SERVPRO of The Twin Ports should take place at least once per year. For extremely heavy traffic areas, cleaning is required more often. Proper professional cleaning will not leave a sticky residue behind and can be done as often as needed. MOST STAIN RESIST AND TEXTURE RETENTION WARRANTIES REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL CLEANING EVERY 12-24 MONTHS.
Professional cleaning removes the damaging soil from the traffic areas that vacuuming has not been able to remove. WARNING: UNINFORMED CARPET CLEANERS MAY USE CLEANING PRODUCTS THAT MAY VOID THE WARRANTY. BE VERY SELECTIVE WITH WHICH COMPANY YOU HIRE.
How to Retain Your Carpet Warranty (Part 1 of 3)
24 hr. Emergency Service
Five Quick Things You Should Know about Carpet Warranties.
- When it comes to maintaining your carpet, one of the most critical areas of focus is the traffic areas. If ground-in soil is not removed on a regular basis, the traffic areas will wear excessively. Carpet warranties have exclusions for replacement due to normal wear and tear and they ALSO exclude carpets that have not been properly cleaned, showing premature wear patterns!
- Another carpet warranty area of focus is spot removal. You must react to “danger” spots immediately. Red wine, colored beverages, urine, blood, etc. can cause a permanent stain if not treated immediately. Listed below are steps you can take to properly maintain your carpeting. Copies of specific warranties on your carpet purchase are available from your carpet retailer. Stain resist warranties can vary from 5 to 20 years.
- Here's an excerpt from the Dupont Stainmaster Warranty. CARE AND CLEANING OBLIGATIONS: To maintain your warranty coverage you must do the following: Clean stains or soiled areas promptly. To qualify for coverage under all limited warranties outlined in this warranty brochure, you must have had hot water extraction cleaning performed by a trained, qualified carpet care professional, at least as frequently as every 18 months since the date of your carpet purchase. Failing to do so will void your warranty coverage. SERVPRO of the Twin Ports has the most awesome carpet cleaning system ever built - called the VORTEX. It has 3x the vacuum power of other truck mounted systems, so we are able to dry your carpets in 1/3 the time, it generates 250 degree + temperatures, allowing us to drop the amount of cleaning products used by 10x, we rinse with clear water - so there's no soil-attracting residues left behind. Of course you would expect this level of technology to cost a little more...and it does, but the value lies in cleaner carpets that stay cleaner longer! You save money in the long run and your carpets look fantastic.
- Frequent Vacuuming is A Key To Your Carpet’s Longevity. Vacuum your carpet often. Vacuuming removes the sharp soil that can cut and slice the fiber causing premature wear. Much of this soil is not visible to the eye. Ground in dirt particles provide an extremely abrasive grinding action against your carpet’s fibers as you walk back and forth on the carpet. This action removes chunks of carpet fiber and rapidly degrades the new-looking appearance. If you don't have a good vacuum, stay tuned for our vacuum recommendations.
- Vacuum before the carpet "looks" soiled. Remove any loose particles such as loose food, leaves, pieces of crayon, bugs, etc. as these items can cause a spot on the carpet. Adjust the brush to penetrate 1/8” to ¼” into the carpet pile. Change filter bags when they reach 2/3 full. After that, they plug up and simply do not pick up any more dirt!
More to come...Stay tuned.
Published by SERVPRO of the Twin Ports (218) 727-2575
Mold Removal in College of St. Scholastica
The College looks like 25 years ago!
Thank you @Mickey Fitch for the amazing review: "We (The College of St. Scholastica, Residential Life) had Kevin and his crew from SERVPRO Twin Ports come in to clean our brick stairwells in some of our residence halls. They were efficient, highly communicative, and excellent partners through the whole process. Now, because of the work that they did, the stairwells look like what they did when the buildings were built 25 years ago!"
Duluth Spring Break Home Safety Tips
Enjoy your Spring Break vacation stress free!
With Duluth schools starting their Spring Break, most of us are also starting our vacations. Going on vacation should be relaxing and worry-free which is why it is important to make sure your home is secure before you leave for your trip. Here at SERVPRO of the Twin Ports, we want you to be ready so you don’t come back to damages in your home.
Make Arrangements with an Emergency Contact
- Entrust a close friend or family member with your trip itinerary and contact information so they can contact you if anything happens at your home.
- Set various house lights on a timer to give the impression that someone is home.
- Leave written directions for alarm codes, doors, or other information needed to properly care for your home.
- Have a friend or family member collect your mail and paper for you daily. Full mailboxes and porches can tip potential burglars off.
- Contact the US Post Office and your local newspaper and ask to have your mail held and services suspended if someone cannot collect them for you.
Take Plumbing and Electric Precautions
- Prevent leaks and floods from damaging your home by shutting off gas and water at the meter, supply tank or appliances. Your local Duluth water company can help with this.
- Turn off the water valves to washing machines, sinks, and the dishwasher.
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages which could potentially cause a disastrous fire.
- Double check your smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly.
- Adjust your thermostat for the season in the winter to 55-60 and in the summer to 75-80 to help control usage.
The Day of Departure
- Let your security company know that you are leaving town, and leave them the name of an alternate contact in case of an emergency.
- Take out all trash in the home and clear the fridge of anything that will perish while you are away.
- Go on one last walk-through of your home to secure windows, blinds, fences, doors, and plugs. This will ensure all entries are safe from hazardous obstructions.
If you come back from vacation and do find damage within your home, call SERVPRO of the Twin Ports (218) 727-2575. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
What Causes Washing Machine Overflow?
Washing Machine Overflow
What Causes Washing Machine Overflow?
• electrical problem--within the appliance or the house system
• bad pressure switch or faulty half valve
• broken or displaced drainage hose
• clog in the drain line, or leak in water supply lines leading to substantial amounts of pooling and flowing water.
Why You Must Act Immediately to mitigate damage and expenses. You can rely on SERVPRO® 24/7
or call for advice at: (218) 727-2575
Inspect Building's Infrastructures
Keep Inspections Up-To-Date
Keep Inspections Up-To-Date on All Your Priceless Building's Infrastructures. SERVPRO® Can Help You Overcome Commercial Water Damage by Stopping the Flow of Water, Drying the Property Out & Restoring the Building.
Computers, televisions, stereo equipment, DVD players, computer routers, oscilloscopes, electrical meters, flat bed scanners and industrial electronic
SERVPRO of the Twin Ports utilizes the Omegasonics 2300E® Electronic Cleaning Station effectively and safely restores sensitive electronics, including computers, televisions, stereo equipment, DVD players, computer routers, oscilloscopes, electrical meters, flat bed scanners and industrial electronics, removing all fire damage contaminants without saturating the items in water. Once cleaned, items are placed into the Omegasonics 6500E® Electronic Drying Chamber, a state-of-the-art system that thoroughly dries and deodorizes electronics using a low-temperature, high-volume updraft drying design.